I am quiet confident that this easy healthy cashew chicken recipe is so tasty food for you to enjoy. It’s definitely the ultimate weekday dinner recipe for your whole family. Prepared to make your weekdays more graceful… because you’ll spend less time in the kitchen.
- 1 pound chicken breast, cut into bite sized cubes
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 4 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- ½ tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- ½ tablespoon light brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 medium red bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup unsalted raw cashews
- green onions for garnish, if desired
- sesame seeds for garnish, if desired
- Add chicken and cornstarch to a large ziplock bag and toss to coat the chicken.
- Heat a large skillet or wok.
- Add in cashews and saute until golden brown. Remove from pan.
- Add oil to the same pan.
- Add in chicken and sauté for 3-4 minutes to brown the chicken on the outside (the chicken will continue to cook in the sauce).
- While the chicken is cooking add soy sauce, vinegar, brown sugar, sesame oil and hoisin sauce to a medium bowl.
- Add the sauce to the chicken and stir frequently. The sauce will thicken up pretty quickly. Add in red bell pepper and cook for 2-3 additional minutes.
- Stir in cashews and serve immediately with green onions and sesame seeds for garnish, if desired.