Mutton Curry is basically an indian recipe which is in general prepared with mutton and sometimes in combination with potato.
4 Medium Sized Potatoes
1 326g Canned Corned Mutton (I have used Salisbury brand)
3-6 Curry Leaves
2-4 Garlic Cloves
1 Inch Piece Ginger
1/2 Tspn Tumeric Powder
1 Tspn Garam Masala
1 Tspn Kashmiri Chilli Powder (optional)
Pinch Of Mustard, Cumin And Fenugreek Seeds
Salt To Taste
2 Tbspn Oil
• Wash, peel and cut potatoes into med-small cubes.
• Crush ginger and garlic.
• Heat oil in a pan and add mustard, cumin and fenugreek seeds. Allow it to splatter and brown lightly.
• Add onions, garlic and ginger and fry till brown.
• Now add tumeric, garam masala chilli powder, curry leaves and stir for a second or two before throwing in the potatoes.
• Cook the potatoes in medium flame until done and then add the corned mutton and cook further 5 mins.
• Finally garnish with coriander/cilantro.
This dish is best served with rice.